Samuel George is the Latin America Project Manager for the Bertelsmann Foundation.
His publications include:
- Surviving a Debt Crisis: Five Lessons for Europe from Latin America (2013)
- The Pacific Pumas: An Emerging Model for Emerging Markets (2014)
- Brazil and Germany: A 21st Century Relationship (co-author, 2014)
- Five Steps to Kickstart Brazil (co-author, 2014)
- Study: A Chain Reaction? Effects of Mega-Trade Agreements on Latin America (co-author, 2016)
- TPP & TTIP – A Threat to Latin America?
- The Crossroads Colombia, Pts. 1 – 3
- The Crossroads Cuba, Pts. 1 – 3
- The Crossroads Argentina, Pts. 1-3
- Interview – Colombia President Juan Manuel Santos
- Interview – Colombian Finance Minister Mauricio Cardenas
- Interview – Colombian Defense Minister Luis Carlos Villegas
- Samuel George, Author— The Pacific Pumas | Commentary on Pacific Pumas
- Five Steps to Kickstart Brazil
- Who Really Wins from Globalization?
- The Pacific Pumas | Economic Developments in Chile, Mexico, Colombia and Peru
- The Pacific Alliance
- Prepared to Pounce?
- What Is the Global Economic Dynamics Project About?
- Colombia reconocida por sus prácticas económicas exitosas
- Interview Jason Furman, Chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers
- Interview Luis Fernando Mejía, Colombian Ministry of Finance
- Interview Dr. Jagdish Bhagwati – Professor of Economics and Law at Columbia University
- Interview John Padilla | Commentary on Pacific Pumas 10
- “Argentina’s Day in Court.” The Financial Times (beyondbrics Blog), March 10, 2014,
- “LatAm’s Pacific Pumas.” The Financial Times (beyondbrics Blog), May 20, 2013.
- “Mercosur and the Pacific Alliance – do opposites attract?” The Financial Times (beyondbrics Blog), June 13, 2014.
- “Message from Latin America: Austerity, then Growth.” Fletcher Forum, April 26, 2013,
- “Mexico’s Reforms: A Crucial Step Forward.” Bertelsmann BBrief, December 13, 2013.
- “Partners set sights on more than marketing.” The Financial Times, April 1, 2014.
- “The Pacific Pumas.” Americas Quarterly, March 11, 2013.
- “Return of the Jedi: Michelle Bachelet and Chilean Democracy. Americas Quarterly, December 16, 2013.
- “Still on the Brink: Seven Things We Know about Venezuela.” Future Challenge, January 16, 2013.
- “Will Mercosur and the Pacific Alliance Strengthen Ties?” Inter-American Dialogue, October 2, 2014.
- “The Effect of a Transatlantic Free Trade Agreement on Latin America” Global Economic Dyanmics Project, June 28, 2013.
- “Five Steps to Kickstart Brazil” (co-author) The Financial Times (beyondbrics Blog), October 27, 2014.
- B|Brief: Argentina: Holding Up After Holding Out, August 1, 2014
- B|Brief: Mexico’s Reforms: A Crucial Step Forward, December 13, 2014
- B|Brief: BRIC By BRIC – Building an Alternative to Bretton Woods Development
- B|Brief: Venezuela After Chavez
- B|Brief – Post-Chavez Venezuela: A Country on the Edge
- Over 60 editorials and posts for No Se Mancha
Grad School Stuff
- Argentina_30_Years_Crisis – Three decades, one crisis?
- Footprints – Chinese Investment Models in the Caribbean, The Andes & Brazil
- Bolivian Natural Gas – Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Why Exporting Natural gas to Chile is Both Possible and Necessary
- The Pacific Triangle – The United States, China, and Latin America: How Differing US and Chinese Foreign Policy Goals Influence Trilateral Relations
- Brazil 2012 – Domestic, Financial and Foreign Affairs Briefing