Happy News Years from the No Se Mancha team! In our first year we have covered everything from baseball in the Caribbean to money falling from the Bolivian skies, to the vicissitudes of Chilean politics, and everything in between.
As we prepare for a new year, here is a look back at our most popular stories from 2013:
10. Going Green: The Colombian Emerald Wars by Jimena Serrano, 4.22.2013
9. Gay Rights in Latin America: Francis Called It by James Stranko, 5.13.2013
8. The Pacific Pumas by Samuel George, 2.20.2013
7. The country of jabuticabas: Brazil’s path towards human development by Carlos Goes, 9.15.2013
6. Peru: The Growing Pains of a Puma Cub by Cornelius Fleischhaker, 9.29.2013
5. Bolivian Bonds: 007 Percent?! by Alex Rosen, 8.20.2013
4. Sketches of Colombia by Samuel George, 7.22.2013
3. Pumas, ALBA, Mercosur, and the Supposed South America Split by Samuel George, 8.12.2013
2. The Gringo’s Guide to Demonstrations in Brazil by Carlos Goes, 6.22.2013
1. Istanbul & São Paulo: A World Apart, a World United by Cornelius Fleischhaker, 6.19.2013
Thanks for reading! We look forward to more great stories in 2014!